Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tupperware and Beer = Tuppakeg

On my way home from Work yesterday I was listening to a replay of the Howard Stern Show on Sirius and one of their news reporters was inviting everyone to a cookie exchange party.....Of course the guys on the show were canning it , A cookie exchange not very appealing to guys, and It flashed me back to a similar situation I had when I was fresh out of College.

I was working for a company as an inside sales rep, and the office manager was pushing everyone to have a Tupperware party for her! I was the only guy in the office, and needless to say having a Tupperware party sounded about as exciting as watching grass grow!

However being young and wanting to do anything I could to further my career, I told her I'd have a party, but she would have to order the plastic tumblers ahead of time.......With that I organized the party.

When the party goers arrived I made them buy a tumbler at a bit of a markup as entry into the party and free admission to the keg.......The Party was a hit I had the top grossing party of the 4 she had from the office, we sold a bunch of tumblers, and once a few of the gals had a few cocktails they even placed orders for other Tupperware!

I left that company a few months later as they were unable to see my budding sales and marketing brilliance, They were much more concerned that I was unwilling to wear socks with my Topsiders! (Boat Shoes)

Even from early on sales and marketing has been in my blood! As head monkey at Rummagemonkey.com I look forward to the challenge of getting the word out there about your products, be it electronics, cars, motorcycles, computers, antiques, collectibles, and even Tupperware.........Although I am unwilling at this stage to supply the Keg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!